Friday, April 4, 2014

A Child's Temperment

Okay this is going to be kinda of a blunt post. I hope it is not offensive. This post has a lot to do with some of my religious views but i am going to try to explain it with some outside view points.

I firmly believe that a person was a person before this life with likes and dislikes, and the same personality they have here. People are all different and all have unique qualities that make them who they are and are present from birth. Scientifically they would say that each child has their own temperaments.

Okay putting that aside I want to talk about why that even matters. You have seen or heard, or maybe even are one of those parents who tell their kids exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. They are constantly trying to shape their child into exactly what they want them to be. Children are not a can of play-doh. They have their own thoughts feelings and emotions. Kids are in fact human beings that have wants, desires, and want to be heard.  Your duty as a parent is to help them find that best something they can be, that already exists, hidden under that play-doh. I don't know if that is the best comparison but hopeful it makes you think a little.

Yes, kids need help. They need to be taught about life and about all those wonderful things you deem note worthy. But, they need to be taught how to think and how to be the BEST THEM. They don't need to be taught to be this perfect person you made up in your dreams.

I obviously have some strong feelings about this subject; I hope that you can forgive me for that. I do hope  that you can take something from this. I always want to inspire you to ponder and learn about a subject, any subject. I don't want you to just take what I say at face value. Don't just accept what I say to be completely right or wrong. I want you to think about these subjects and to find your own answers and solutions. The purpose behind my posts are ALWAYS to just get people thinking about things. I just want to inspire people to learn and to a better them.

And if you disagree with me I want to hear. Please! Or if you have questions or think something needs mentioned.  It is always good to be open to other peoples opinion. It helps me to be educated and see the full spectrum of an issue.

As always thank you for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment